Direct debit is the simplest way to pay your annual retention fee (ARF) each year and provides you with a number of advantages.
1. You will be protected by three important safeguards:
- an immediate money back guarantee from your bank in the event of an error;
- advance notice if the date or amount changes at any time;
- the right to cancel at any time
2. Your payment is made automatically. This will ensure that your fees are never forgotten. It also reduces the GDC's banking and administrative costs which will help reduce pressure on your fees.
3. Once your direct debit is set up, you won’t have to contact us to make a payment or write a cheque each time your ARF is due.
How to set up a direct debit online
You can set up a direct debit on eGDC. If you do not have an eGDC account you will need to create one first. An eGDC account allows you to manage your registration online. You can also use it to update your contact information, set up, cancel or amend a direct debit and log your continuing professional development (CPD) hours.
How to set up a direct debit by post
If you would prefer to send in a paper mandate you can download and print this direct debit form, complete it and return to the address provided on the form.
Set up direct debits for more than one person
If you are an employer who would like to set up a direct debit from one bank account for several registrants you can print our multiple direct debit form, complete it and return it to the address provided on the form.
Before each ARF collection we will send the account holder an update to inform them who is due to pay their ARF. This form will show each registrant that is being paid for via direct debit and allow names to be easily removed or added.